Managing several different social media accounts is difficult, and can often feel overwhelming. Not only do we have to juggle other areas of life like work, school, and home, but we also have to maintain a consistent and active online presence.
Thankfully, there are some powerful tools to help us out in that department. Our guide will cover just a few of the best tools available for managing social media.
We aren’t always available to post on social media at the optimum times, which is why we need a tool to schedule content ahead of time. Check out some of our favorite post scheduling services below.
- Hootsuite. You’ve undoubtedly heard about Hootsuite. After all, it’s a household name when it comes to social media managers. Hootsuite offers several plans, both free and paid. The paid plans are the best for businesses, and include message scheduling, RSS integrations, and analytics. The best part? The post scheduler is free to use!
- Coschedule. This is perhaps one of the most powerful tools for managing social media. Coschedule works especially well for businesses that need to consolidate their workflow, assign tasks to multiple team members, and schedule social media content in bulk. It also comes with a marketing calendar, so teammates can view their social media schedule at a glance. Coschedule is so powerful that Microsoft uses it. Interested? Check out CoSchedule’s features for yourself.
- Postfity. With this tool, you’ll save more than four hours a week – that’s the Postfity promise. You can schedule multiple posts for multiple accounts, which Postfity will schedule for the best posting times. You can even customize posting times based on your own audience’s preferences. Postfity also offers a Chrome extension to make sharing and scheduling content even easier. Find out more about Postfity’s features today.
Knowing who’s visiting our sites and social media accounts is important, which is why analytics tools are a necessity for social media users. These are just a few of our favorite analytics tools.
- Google Analytics. Perhaps the most popular and comprehensive analytics tool, Google Analytics is so chock full of features that we’d need a whole blog post to cover them all. It’s also free to use, and provides a wealth of information about your audience. Want to learn more about how it works? Check out Google Analytics Academy to find out more.
- Instagram Insights. This feature, available for Instagram for Business accounts, is easily the best for monitoring Instagram analytics. Keeping track of your Instagram followers, engagement, and reach has never been easier. Have you set up Instagram Insights for your account? If not, you can find a complete guide to Instagram for Business here.
- SproutSocial. While Google Analytics and Instagram Insights are perfect for blogs, websites, and Instagram for Business accounts, SproutSocial is perfect for just about everything else. Not only will this powerful analytics tool measure your post engagement, but it’ll also analyze your messages, profile, and network. It also offers customized analytics reports based on the social network you’re using. All analytics can be exported into CSV and PDF files so you can review your performance with your team. Find out more about their revolutionary analytics services on their website.
- SpredFast. This stunning analytics solution takes social media analytics to a whole new level. SpredFast You can create your own custom audiences and view demographics at a glance. You can also see what your audience is posting about, what they’re interested in, and what type of content they interact with the most. Here’s a full list of all of SpredFast’s incredible features.
Social Media Planners and Calendars
Everyone needs an easily accessible, fluid calendar for planning social media content. Here are some of our favorite tools for creating social media calendars.
- Post Planner. Revolutionize your social media planning approach with Post Planner. It’s the smart way to plan your social media content. With Post Planner, you can create a plan for your content, connect your accounts, sit back, and let Post Planner do the rest. The app relies on algorithms to calculate the optimum posting times. Post Planner will also recycle your most popular content automatically. Find out everything you can do with Post Planner here.
- Google Calendar. Almost everyone has a Google account these days. You can create separate calendars for each social network, set recurring events, and add notifications as you please. With IFTTT, you can sync other applications with your Google Calendar, helping you streamline your social media.
- Google Sheets. If you prefer using spreadsheets to plan your social media content, consider using a cloud service like Google Sheets. Don’t have time to create your own spreadsheet? You can find a dozen ready-made templates here.
All the tools we’ve featured so far are powerful, and you should have at least one of them in your arsenal if you want to maintain an active and successful presence on social media. But here at Gramista, we’ve also got some tricks up our sleeve. Here are a few useful posts from our own blog to help you make the most of your social media journey. After all, that’s what we’re here for.
- The Best Times to Post on Social Media. Are you posting at the right times? More importantly, do you know that there are right and wrong times to post on certain networks?
- A Masterlist of Post Ideas for Instagram. Have you recently experienced poster’s block? Never fear – our handy list of Instagram post ideas will inspire you to create fresh, unique content that will keep your Instagram followers coming back for more.
- How to Find a Social Media Manager. Don’t feel like using these tools yourself to grow your social media accounts? Here’s everything you need to know about handing the job over to a highly skilled social media manager.
Many of the tools we’ve listed here are multi-tasking maestros. The paid versions of several of them include post scheduling, analytics, customized reports, and other features all in one. Even so, there is no single tool that’s capable of doing everything. The right one for you will depend on your own budget and needs.