Life in the modern day is pretty hectic. We’re all busy trying to find the perfect balance between our home, work, school, and social lives. The pressure to stay active on social media all the time doesn’t help, either. We can’t be on Instagram all the time, but we need to keep up with our Instagram followers and likes.
That’s where automation tools come in. If you’ve been on social media for awhile, you’ve seen automation tools at work. Most people tend to be wary of automation tools, but they can actually enhance your social media presence – if you know how to use them.
How Automation Tools Can Simplify Your Life
Automation tools have the power to revolutionize your social media presence and save you precious time in the process. Let’s take a look at just a few of the ways they accomplish this.
- Spend less time scrolling through your notifications and followers. Have you ever found yourself scrolling through your followers, trying to figure out who to follow back? It’s pretty time consuming, right? Automation tools like follower managers can significantly reduce the time you spend scrolling.
- Follow people automatically. Automatic follower services are often frowned upon in the social media world – but it’s just a matter of knowing how to use them. You’ll want to find a service that lets you follow real people with similar interests and content. Whatever you do, don’t sign up for any service that will follow people at random. This makes you look like a spam account, and may hurt your traffic and follower count.
- Schedule posts for peak times. Different social media networks have different peak times, which we summarized in this blog post. Chances are you won’t be available to post at all the peak times. That’s why post schedulers are a godsend. They let you schedule posts days, weeks, or even months ahead of time.
Tips for Finding the Right Automation Tool
Anyone can Google “best automation tools for social media” and pick one at random, but finding the right tool takes some time and a little bit of planning. Here are a few things you should keep in mind when searching for the right automation tool.
- Not all the best things in life are free. Which means you’ll have to pay for a quality automation tool. Most automation tools are free, but offer paid plans which give you upgrades and advanced features. Other automation tools come with a free trial so you can try it before you buy. You can use a free version if you want to, but you’ll get more advanced features with a paid version, and it costs less than what you’d spend on coffee in a month.
- Search for a service that keeps you in control. You don’t want an automation tool that completely takes over your account. You should be able to control when and how the tool runs. Steer clear of tools or apps that run 24/7.
- Don’t rely on automation for everything. Automation, like almost everything else in life, should be used in moderation. If your Instagram account is entirely automated, it’ll be obvious to your followers. You still need to maintain a real presence. You should plan and write your own content – or find a social media manager to do it for you.
- Keep your most important needs in mind. What will you use the automation tool for? Scheduling posts? Gaining followers and likes? Or analyzing your audience? Figure out the most important reason why you need an automation tool, and let that guide your search. You should also create a budget so you get the most bang for your buck.
Best Automation Tools for Instagram
Now, let’s get to the goods you came for. Here are some of the best tools for automating your social media accounts.
- Gramista. Of course we think we’re one of the best automation tools out there! That’s because we help you accrue real Instagram followers and likes. You’re in total control over how and when Gramista runs. Gramista is different because it not only gets you more followers – it finds people who will actively engage with your content. Try us out for free today!
- Buffer. Need an efficient post scheduler? Check out Buffer! You can use Buffer not only to schedule content, but to create stunning photos with Pablo, a state-of-the-art image creator. For a few bucks a month, you can also use Buffer’s social media calendar and RSS feed features. Check out their pricing options to see which one works best for you.
- Hootsuite. Hootsuite is a household name in social media management. This powerful tool lets you create and schedule posts across all your social networks. You can also set up streams, which let you view your news feeds all in one place. The paid plans also include message scheduling, analytics, post templates, and so much more.
- IFTTT. If This, Then That, or IFTTT for short, lets you connect hundreds of apps and programs. Want to tweet your Instagram posts as Twitter photos rather than links? You can, with IFTTT. All you need to do is enable the applet and log in to each account. Then, every time you post on Instagram, the same photo will post to Twitter. You can connect virtually any app to anything. Curious to find out more? See how it works for yourself.
- Everypost. Looking for a powerful content creator that lets you share visual content to all your networks? Everypost has got you covered. You can use Everypost to share content from all over the web, including YouTube and Instagram. The paid plans offer more advanced features, like team collaboration, more channels, and detailed analytics. Want to try it out? Check out their 14-day free trial.
Automation tools can work wonders in almost all areas of life, but they’re especially helpful for social media management. There are hundreds of automation tools out there, and finding the right one for your needs may take some time. The key thing is to make sure you stay in control, and that the tool you choose fits your specific needs and budget.